Thanks for your interest in helping our incredible, passionate, and committed group of Run for Something candidates. Our community of candidates will bring the raw materials and you’ll bring the know-how, teaming up to ensure we see progressive candidates at every level of state government.
Whether you’re a media expert, an innovative technologist, a fundraising guru, a policy wonk, a legal mastermind, or an organizing phenom, we have candidates we’d like to connect you with to help them be the best candidates they can be.
Here’s how it works:
- You fill out a (very) short form to be added to our mentor directory.
- Our mentorship concierge (Rhianon Anderson) will email you connecting you candidates that are looking for your skill set.
- Rhianons’s email will give you specific information about what the candidate is looking to ask so you can prepare ahead of time.
When you commit to being a mentor, you promise to:
- Set aside some time for meetings — as much or as little as you can handle.
- Answer candidate questions respectfully, honestly, and to the best of your ability.
- Provide feedback to RFS staff on how things are going and how we might improve.
To be clear, you’re not expected to:
- Build a long-term relationship with each and every candidate you speak with. If there are certain people you meet along the way that excite you, feel free to pursue a higher level of engagement. This is at your discretion.
- Be able to answer everything. Please feel free to defend your time and let a candidate know if a question falls outside of your purview.