Internship Supervisor: Digital Manager
Location: DC strongly preferred
Hours: 30 hours per week. We will work with the intern to establish a consistent schedule that works with the intern’s specific availability and educational commitments/obligations.
Term: Targeting May 28 – August 30 with room to extend part time through the fall semester. Term is flexible based on the intern’s schedule and availability.
Run for Something recruits and supports young progressives running for down-ballot offices in the United States. After launching in January 2017, we have recruited more than 30,000 potential political candidates, endorsed more than 700, and are responsible for over 200 new elected officials around the country. We are an ambitious, hungry team seeking to change the face of politics in America. As a communications intern, you will get a first-hand look at how that happens by working closely with our communications team.
The successful candidate will possess superb technical skills, be constantly curious about emerging platforms, and be passionate about creatively solving problems. No task will be too big or small to be done well. They’ll work closely with the national communications team to support our day to day work, help create graphics for candidate endorsements and for other digital purposes, help maintain our presence across platforms, and provide support wherever needed.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a proven track record of completing projects on time and have a dedication to working in the progressive movement.
This is an unpaid, non-employment position, although we are excited to be able to offer a stipend to help defray your expenses for participating in the program and in recognition of your service.
- Take a role in executing graphic design, creative writing, and video projects.
- Assist the CCO and Digital Manager in writing materials with the goal of positioning RFS as a leader and effective partner in the progressive space.
- Coordinate with appropriate staff to execute owned media events as needed.
This is a hands-on learning opportunity. In addition to working with your direct manager, you’ll participate in weekly Intern Program calls along with other RFS interns, including guest “ask me anythings” from various political spaces, cross-departmental trainings, and professional development discussions. RFS provides career counseling and resume review for interns at the end of the summer term. RFS also invites interns to participate in webinars and trainings during internship hours. We are also happy to work with you if you may be eligible under your educational program’s criteria to receive academic credit for your participation in this internship opportunity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with social media metrics, Excel/Google sheets/Airtable, and Slack.
- Experience with graphic design and video editing, specifically Adobe Creative Suite.
- Commitment to the mission of the organization.
- Scrappy, has the ability to take on big tasks with limited resources.
- A sense of humor.
- A natural sense of curiosity.
- We provide internships on an equal opportunity basis and we value diversity at our organization. Women, people of color, trans/genderqueer, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Experience on a political campaign or working with candidates
- Knowledge of AirTable, Trello, and/or BaseCamp